+ Saab 9-5 Cars
+ Governing bodies and operation receptions
- Settings and routine maintenance of the car
General information about settings and adjustments
Schedule of routine maintenance
Check of levels of liquids, control of leaks
Check of a condition of tires and pressure of their rating
Replacement of impellent oil and oil filter
Check of effort of a tightening of fixture of elements of a suspension bracket
Adjustment of headlights
Check of brake system
Replacement of brake liquid, pumping of brake system
Check of a condition of the battery and care of it
Check of a condition of components of a suspension bracket and steering
Check of a condition of protective covers of CV JOINTS of power shafts
Check of a condition of system of production of the fulfilled gases
Check of a condition and replacement of hoses and tubes in an impellent compartment, localization of leaks
Check of a condition and tension of a belt of a drive of auxiliary units
Check and replacement of the salonny filter of a heater and To/in
Service of locks and loops
Check of elements of systems of safety
Replacement of a filtering element of an air purifier
Check and replacement of spark plugs and ignition module
Replacement of the fuel filter
AT liquid replacement
Condition check, adjustment and replacement of brushes of screen wipers
+ Systems of cooling of the engine, heating, ventilation and air conditioning
+ the Power supply system and production of the fulfilled gases
+ Systems of electric equipment of the engine
+ Manual box of gear shifting
+ Automatic transmission
+ Coupling and power shafts
+ Brake system
+ Suspension bracket and steering
+ Onboard electric equipment
Check of levels of liquids, control of leaks
Irrespective of check intervals according to the schedule do not allow, that liquids followed under the car, such leaks indicate malfunction which it is necessary to eliminate immediately.
Liquids are the integral component of systems of greasing, cooling, brake system, GUR, and a windscreen washer. In view of a gradual expense and pollution of liquids in the course of normal operation of the car, it is necessary to replace them periodically. Add only corresponding to requirements of Specifications of liquid.
At any check of level of liquid the car should stand on an equal surface.
Visual control of leaks
At the greasy engine and a big consumption of oil check the following places on existence of leaks:
- Open a cover of a maslozalivny mouth and check consolidation on existence of cracks or damages.
As in the presence of leak oil extends on a big surface of the engine, its place at once difficult to define. For detection of leaks act as follows:
- Laying of a cover of a head of cylinders.
- Laying of a head of cylinders.
- Laying of the oil filter: a filter prileganiye to a flange.
- Drain stopper of impellent oil: sealing ring.
- Laying of the pallet of a case.
- Epiploons of a cranked shaft.
- Wash out the engine for what close the generator and the block of safety locks a plastic bag, spray the engine a usual cold cleaner and through short time wash out water.
- Interfaced surfaces and consolidations on the engine strew outside with lime or talc.
- Check level of impellent oil and if necessary add oil.
- On purpose to warm up oil make a trial trip on the car on distance about 30 km on the high-speed route. Viscosity of the warmed-up oil will go down, and it will quicker act in places of leaks.
- In summary investigate the engine, shining it with a lamp, localize places of leaks and eliminate them.
Check and correction of level of oil
Check of level of impellent oil is made by means of measuring щупа, the impellent compartment located in a forward part (V6 engines), or built in a cover of a maslozalivny mouth (4-cylinder engines) — see illustrations Components of a compartment of 4-cylinder engines, subject to regular service,
Components of a compartment of the petrol V6 engine, subject to regular service and Components of a compartment of the diesel engine, subject to regular service at the beginning of Head. Shchup passes through a metal tube down, reaching a bottom of the pallet of a case of the engine.
Measurement of level of impellent oil should be made through 2-5 mines after its switching off.
If to start measurement of level of impellent oil right after engine switching off, the part of oil remains in the top part of the engine and results of measurement will be erroneous.
- Take щуп from directing and dry wipe its edge pure rags or a paper towel. Enter щуп up to the end back and again take it. The height of the site of an edge moistened with oil will correspond to oil level in the engine. This level should be between «MIN» and «MAX» labels on щупе.
- For lifting of level of oil from the minimum label on щупе to maximum about 1 l of oil is required. Do not allow level falling below «MIN» label since oil starvation can lead to engine damage. On the other hand, engine overflow by oil (the dolivaniye is higher than "MAX" mark) can be at the bottom of a zamaslivaniye of spark plugs, leakages of oil, failure of epiploons, and also damages of the catalytic converter.
- To add oil, uncover the jellied mouth, located on a cover of a head of cylinders (see illustrations Components of a compartment of 4-cylinder engines, subject to regular service, Components of a compartment of the petrol V6 engine, subject to regular service and Components of a compartment of the diesel engine, subject to regular service at the beginning of Head). After a dolivaniye of oil wait some minutes that level of oil was stabilized, then pull out щуп and again check level. If it is required, add still oils. If on a cover pollution are found, wash out it gasoline. Close a cover of a mouth and turn it before click.
Check of level of oil is important preventive procedure and should be made as it is possible more often, and also it is obligatory before each long trip. Continuous excessive falling of level of oil indicates or existence of its leaks through the damaged epiploons or weakened connections, or on its burning out (internal leaks through worn-out piston rings or via directing plugs of valves).
Besides, it is necessary to pay attention and to a condition of the oil. If oil has dairy color or in its structure it is possible to notice water drops, it indicates possible violation of tightness of laying of a head of cylinders or crack existence in a head or the block of cylinders. In this case the engine should be repaired immediately. Each time at measurement of level of oil before edge rubbing щупа carry out on it big and index hand fingers. If will be thus found stuck on щуп particles of dirt or metal particles, oil it is necessary to replace (see. Section Replacement of impellent oil and oil filter).
Do not allow antifreeze hit on skin or on the painted surfaces of the car. If it nevertheless occurred, immediately wash away antifreeze a plentiful quantity of water. Antifreeze is extremely toxic, therefore do not leave it without supervision in the open container or spilled on a floor; or animals its sweet smell can involve children and they can drink it.
Do not uncover a jellied mouth of a broad tank or a radiator cover for check of level of cooling liquid (OZh) before complete cooling of the engine!
Level and condition check
Considered cars are equipped with system of cooling of compensatory type with superfluous pressure. The plastic broad tank is located in an impellent compartment and connected by a hose to a radiator.
Broad tank of system of cooling
In process of an engine warming up in the course of its work extending cooling liquid (OZh) fills a tank. When cooling OZh engine automatically arrives back in cooling system that provides maintenance of constant level of OZh.
Check of level of OZh should be made regularly, at least, an every month, and also before each long trip. Level in the tank fluctuates depending on engine temperature. At the cold engine level of OZh should be above the bottom (short) label on the tank. In process of engine heating level should come nearer to the top (long) label or a little exceed it. If it not so, let's to the engine cool down, then uncover the tank and modify OZh level.
For filling of system of cooling apply surely a mix from water, antifreeze and means to protection against aluminum corrosion according to requirements of Specifications.
If there is a need of filling of system of cooling for a way, it is possible to apply pure water in the summer. Antifreeze can be added later, however as soon as possible.
- If OZh level quickly goes down, visually check cooling system on leaks:
- Check a condition of hoses and reliability of their fastening on the branch pipes, the damaged hoses and collars replace;
- Check consolidation of a cover of a broad tank;
- If leaks it is not revealed, make check of tightness of a cover of a radiator.
- It is necessary to check also OZh condition, – it should be rather pure. If liquid has brown or rusty color, it it is necessary to merge, wash out system of cooling and to fill it with a new mix. Even if OZh looks normally, inhibitors of corrosion entering into its structure lose over time the efficiency therefore it is necessary to replace OZh periodically.
For check of frost resistance of OZh use the areometer.
Brake liquid at hit in eyes and on the painted surfaces of the car can damage them therefore be extremely careful at the treatment of her. Do not use brake liquid which long time stood opened or to which is more than one has some. Brake liquid has property to absorb moisture from air that can worsen its properties and lead to dangerous loss of efficiency of brake system. Use only the type of brake liquid specified in Specifications. Mixing of various types of liquids can lead to refusal of brake system.
The tank of brake liquid is in the left part of an impellent compartment, about its partition (see illustrations Components of a compartment of 4-cylinder engines, subject to regular service, Components of a compartment of the petrol V6 engine, subject to regular service and Components of a compartment of the diesel engine, subject to regular service at the beginning of Head), and is divided into two parts, everyone for the brake contour. The cover of the tank has a ventilating opening which should not get littered. Transparent walls of the tank allow to watch liquid level outside. For control of level of brake liquid is available To/l low level of the brake liquid, located on a combination of devices (see. Head Governing bodies and operation receptions). Nevertheless, it is recommended to check liquid level regularly.
Liquid level at the closed cover should be between marks of "MIN" and «MAX» in tank walls. Watch that level did not fall below «MIN» mark.
The tank of brake liquid and mark of MIN and MAX on it
- If level is lower admissible, at first wipe top of the tank and a cover pure rags to prevent dirt hit in system after cover removal. Add liquid to the necessary level, but do not pour.
- While the tank cover is removed, check brake liquid and the tank on existence of pollution. If at it there are particles of a rust, dirt or a water drop, it is necessary to replace liquid.
- After tank addition to the necessary level make sure that the cover is established exactly, in order to avoid leakages of liquid and/or dirt hit.
- Liquid level in the main brake cylinder (GTTs) will fall slightly as a result of wear process of frictional overlays of brake shoes. There is no need to add it until level remains near «MIN» label; it will rise after replacement of slips. Very low level can indicate wear of brake shoes – check them (see. Section Check of brake system).
- If level of brake liquid constantly falls, immediately check all system on existence of leaks. As a rule, the reason are worn-out caps in wheel cylinders. Survey brake lines, hoses and shtutserny connections together with supports, wheel cylinders and GTTs (see. Sections Check of brake system and Check of a condition and replacement of hoses and tubes in an impellent compartment, localization of leaks).
- If at check of level of liquid the tank appears is empty or nearly is empty, the brake system is necessary for checking on existence of leaks and to pump over (see. Section Replacement of brake liquid, pumping of brake system).
Power steering (GUR) liquid
Location of the tank of hydraulic system of the amplifier of a steering (GUR) is specified on illustrations Components of a compartment of 4-cylinder engines, subject to regular service, Components of a compartment of the petrol V6 engine, subject to regular service and Components of a compartment of the diesel engine, subject to regular service at the beginning of Head.
- Be passed on the car that the engine and a steering had normal operational temperature (near the 80th hail.).
Level of GUR liquid should be checked at once after an engine stop.
Level of liquid should be between the marks put on щупе, built in a cover of the tank of GUR liquid, and should not fall for the bottom mark.
- If necessary add the liquid corresponding to requirements of Specifications.
Do not shake up liquid before system filling since air bubbles otherwise can be formed. Liquid fill in slowly to exclude formation of bubbles. Apply only new liquid since even insignificant pollution can lead to GUR system failure.
- After filling of system start the engine and several times turn a steering wheel from an emphasis against the stop that the system left air.
Emergence of requirement of a dolivaniye of GUR liquid indicates leaks in system. Check GUR system in conditions HUNDRED.
Liquid of automatic transmission (ATF)
Correctness of level of ATF is one of critical operational parameters of the cars equipped with AT. Excessive falling of level of ATF can lead to hydrotransformer pro-slipping whereas the excessive amount of liquid conducts to its foaming, to formation of leaks and is fraught with a transmission exit out of operation.
Check of level of ATF should be made at warmed up to normal working temperature (the 80th hail.) transmissions.
It is not necessary to make check of level of ATF right after car operation on high speeds, in the conditions of a city cycle in hot weather, or after trailer towage, - previously let's liquids cool down within about 30 minutes.
Check of level of ATF
- Park the car on an equal horizontal platform with a firm covering, cock the parking brake. If the engine cold, start it and warm up to normal working temperature on single turns. At the working engine squeeze out a pedal of a brake and serially carry out the AT selector lever through all provisions, in summary, having returned it to the situation "R".
Before moving of the lever to each subsequent situation wait for not less than 15 pages.
- Without suppressing the engine, take from a directing tube measuring щуп. Fingers remove from an edge щупа traces of ATF and estimate its condition.
- Carefully wipe an edge pure rags and enter щуп back into directing tube, having densely planted a cover on a mouth.
- Again take щуп from a mouth and by length of the moistened site of a scale determine ATF level in a transmission case.
- In case of need make the corresponding adjustment, having added in transmission liquid of a demanded grade through a funnel, - fill in ATF directly in a mouth of a directing tube measuring щупа.
For increase in level of ATF from «MIN» label to a label of "MAX" about 0.5 l of ATF are required.
- Add ATF in the small portions in stages, each time checking level.
- At the same time with level it is necessary to check as well ATF condition. If the liquid moistening the end of an edge щупа, has a dark red-brown shade, or smells as ashes, ATF should replace (see. Head Automatic transmission). In the absence of confidence of correctness of an assessment of a condition of transmission liquid compare it on color and a smell to fresh ATF.
Liquid of a washer of a windscreen, installation of area of washing
Liquid for washing of a windscreen should be added in the tank through a jellied mouth.
In areas with a temperate climate for washing of glasses it is possible to use usual water, but it is recommended to add in it means for washing of glasses. It is necessary to fill the tank no more than on two thirds that there was a free space on a case of expansion of water when freezing. In areas with cold climatic conditions it is necessary to use special antifreeze for the windscreen washing, reducing a liquid freezing point. Usually it is on sale in the concentrated or ready look. The concentrated antifreeze mix with water according to the instruction of the producer provided on packing.
Check and if necessary adjust a washer scope, turning nozzles according to an illustration.
RKPP transmission oil
RKPP refuels oil at plant and then does not demand service. However after repair of RKPP demanding its oporozhneniye, it is required to fill oil and to check its level. For descent, filling and checks of the RKPP transmission oil are provided 3 corresponding openings closed by jams.
Arrangement of jams on RKPP
The stopper of a drain opening contains a magnet collecting metal particles, being formed at wear of the RKPP mechanism.
Oil level in RKPP should reach the bottom cut of a control opening.
At a tightening of jams of RKPP grease their carving with fixing hermetic.