+ Saab 9-5 Cars
+ Governing bodies and operation receptions
- Settings and routine maintenance of the car
General information about settings and adjustments
Schedule of routine maintenance
Check of levels of liquids, control of leaks
Check of a condition of tires and pressure of their rating
Replacement of impellent oil and oil filter
Check of effort of a tightening of fixture of elements of a suspension bracket
Adjustment of headlights
Check of brake system
Replacement of brake liquid, pumping of brake system
Check of a condition of the battery and care of it
Check of a condition of components of a suspension bracket and steering
Check of a condition of protective covers of CV JOINTS of power shafts
Check of a condition of system of production of the fulfilled gases
Check of a condition and replacement of hoses and tubes in an impellent compartment, localization of leaks
Check of a condition and tension of a belt of a drive of auxiliary units
Check and replacement of the salonny filter of a heater and To/in
Service of locks and loops
Check of elements of systems of safety
Replacement of a filtering element of an air purifier
Check and replacement of spark plugs and ignition module
Replacement of the fuel filter
AT liquid replacement
Condition check, adjustment and replacement of brushes of screen wipers
+ Systems of cooling of the engine, heating, ventilation and air conditioning
+ the Power supply system and production of the fulfilled gases
+ Systems of electric equipment of the engine
+ Manual box of gear shifting
+ Automatic transmission
+ Coupling and power shafts
+ Brake system
+ Suspension bracket and steering
+ Onboard electric equipment
Check of brake system
The dust being formed as a result of wear of slips and accumulating on components of the brake mechanism, can contain asbestos hazardous to health. Do not blow this dust by means of the compressed air and do not inhale it! Do not use for dust removal solvents on the basis of gasoline.
Except checks through the established intervals of time a condition of brake mechanisms it is necessary to carry out each time at removal of wheels or at emergence of signs of malfunction in brake system.
Signs of malfunctions in brake system
Disk brake mechanisms have the built-in indicators of wear of the frictional slips, signaling that wear of slips reached critical size. Thus slips should be changed immediately, differently brake disks will be damaged and they will need expensive repair.
Any of listed below signs can point to potential defect of brake system:
- When squeezing a pedal of a brake the car "withdraws" in one party;
- Brake mechanisms when braking publish scraping or squealing sounds;
- The pedal of a brake has an excessive course;
- The pedal of a brake pulses (it normally only at ABS system work);
- Leakages of brake liquid (usually appreciable tires on inside or wheels) are observed.
In case of detection at least one of these signs immediately examine brake system.
Brake lines and hoses
In brake system steel brake tubes, except for the flexible reinforced hoses at wheels are generally used. Regular survey of all these lines is very important.
- Park the car on an equal platform.
- To Poddomkratta the car also establish it on props then remove wheels.
- Check all brake lines and hoses on existence of cracks and attritions in their external covering, leaks, swellings and deformations. Check brake hoses in forward and back parts of the car on existence of signs of a softening, cracks, deformations or wear as a result of a friction about other details. Check all shtutserny connections on existence of signs of leaks and make sure of reliability of all fixture of brake lines.
- Bend hands in one and other parties a brake hose to reveal damages. To braid hoses does not follow.
- Turn a steering wheel to the right and to the left against the stop. Make sure that hoses thus do not touch elements of a design of the car.
- At detection of leakages of liquid from brake lines or their damages of leak it is necessary to eliminate immediately. For more detailed description of procedure of repair of brake system address to Head Brake system.
Check of thickness of brake shoes and disks
- To Poddomkratta the car also establish it on props then remove the corresponding wheel.
- Check thickness of brake shoes and through an opening in a support of the brake mechanism.
- Limit of wear of a block the thickness of 5.0 mm is considered, in this case it is necessary to replace a block (see. Head Brake system).
As a rule, 1 mm of wear of a frictional overlay of a brake shoe corresponds, at least, 1000 km of run under adverse service conditions. In usual conditions of a slip are erased much more slowly.
- In case of doubt in correctness of measurement remove brake shoes and measure their thickness by a calliper. If degree of wear is already reached, replace brake shoes. It is necessary to replace all 4 blocks of wheels of one axis, even in case only one block wore out.
- Check supports of the brake mechanism on existence of leaks. At detection of leaks urgently repair a support.
- Visually check brake disks from internal and outer side on existence of furrows, a rust, cracks, if necessary replace disks.
- Measure thickness of brake disks in several places by means of a micrometer or a special calliper. It is possible to measure also thickness of a brake disk by a usual calliper, having enclosed from each its party a lining of known size (for example, two coins), and then having subtracted from the measured value thickness of a lining.
- Compare minimum of the received results to requirements of Specifications to Head Brake system. If the limit of wear is reached, replace surely both brake disks of wheels on one axis. Also it is necessary to replace a brake disk and at big cracks or deep furrows.
- In summary check integrity of indicators of wear of blocks and thickness of boots of the parking brake. Replacement of boots is recommended to be made, if through a control opening in a disk 10 rounds of a carving are visible. Establish wheels and lower the car on the earth.
Check and adjustment of the parking brake
Location of an adjusting nut
- Park the car on an equal surface and release the parking brake.
- The car should move manually, action of brakes should not be felt.
- Cock the lever of the parking brake. If wheels are not blocked after four clicks, adjust the parking brake in a way described below.
- Remove wheels and by means of a screw-driver unscrew a regulator so that the brake disk was blocked. Then tighten a regulator prior to the beginning of a provorachivaniye of a brake disk. Repeat procedure on the second back wheel.
- Establish wheels.
- Check a stock of a course of the lever of the parking brake. For this purpose will hang out back wheels and pull the lever before the first click.
- Tighten an adjusting nut on the lever of the parking brake access to which is available through an opening in the central console until the brake will not start to seize.
- Release the parking brake and cock it again. After 1-4 clicks of a wheel should be blocked.